Through our micro-commissions we want to fund projects that explore new ways of creating or promoting poetry, fiction, non-fiction or spoken word in the Northern region.
Our micro-commissions aim to:
- Showcase new work by emerging/ mid-career writers from under-represented backgrounds based in the North of England (Yorkshire, North East and North West).
- enable writers to collaborate across artforms with other artists – dancers, musicians, film makers, visual artists, actors, etc. – to create new work.
- reach new audiences and increase access for people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Previous commissions have included Poetography films by Kirsty Taylor and Amy Charles, a pop-up Mushaira with poetry and music in a terrace house in Bradford, a piece exploring a Caribbean wake and a dance and spoken word event.
Two micro commissions are on offer. The successful applications will respond to one of the below 2019 programme themes:
- Poetry, Rebellion and Revolution
- World Changing Women
- From the Moon to Mars: Looking towards the next 50 years of scientific endeavour on the anniversary of the moon landing.
Deadline for applications: 12pm, Tue 30 April