Family Cake Decorating Competition
To celebrate the start of Ilkley Literature Festival 2018 we are combining our two favourite things – Books and Cakes!
Inspired by Nadiya Hussain’s new book Bake Me A Celebration Story we are inviting children and families (no professional bakers please!) to decorate a cake inspired by a favourite children’s book for our very own mini Bake Off competition at the Kings Hall on Thursday 20 September before Nadiya’s own Festival event.
Nigel Walsh (Chair of the Ilkley Literature Festival board) along with Emma Thorpe and Elizabeth Robinson from Bettys cake decorating department will be judging and want to see your most creative and beautifully decorated cakes, inspired by anything from Jacqueline Wilson and Horrible Histories to Harry Potter and Peter Rabbit.
How to Enter:
- Bring your cake the Kings Hall, Station Road, Ilkley, LS29 8HB between 4.30-5.15pm on Thursday 20 September
- Please include a label with your cake with the following information:
- The name of the bakers
- The title of the book that inspired the cake
- A contact phone number on the back of the label
- Judging will take place from 5.15pm and the winners will be announced at 5.45pm
- The competition is free to enter and you do not need to have bought a ticket to a Festival event to enter
- The competition is open to all family teams working together
- The cakes will be on display from 5.15-6.15pm for everyone attending Nadiya Hussain’s event to see
- Cakes can be collected by 7.40-8.30pm. Any cake not collected by 8.30pm will be disposed of
Terms and conditions:
- Competition is free to enter and open to everyone, except professional bakers
- No purchase of Festival tickets is required to enter
- Cakes must be submitted by 5.15pm on Thursday 20 September
- Prizes will be awarded for the best decorated cake. Cakes will not be sampled.
- Competition is run by Ilkley Literature Festival, 9 The Grove, Ilkley, LS29 9LW
- The judge’s decision will be final