Young People’s Poetry and Short Story Competition Winners 2016
The Young People’s Poetry and Short Story Competition once again received lots of brilliant entries, which came from schools and individuals across the region. As always, picking the winners was difficult, as the standard of entries was extremely high.
1. Gracie Nuttal, Skipton Girls’ High School
2. Molly Kratz, North Halifax Grammar
3. Benyapa Tassanawipas, The Mount School York and Daniel Mason
Commended: Bradnon Maheney, Farnley Academy, Isobel Harrison, Skipton Girls’ High School and Sara Hussain, Skipton Girls’ High School.
1.Coco Charters, The Mount School York
2. Rosalind Cooper, The Mount School York
1. Hannah Kilcoyne, North Halifax Grammar
2. Megan Butterfield, The Mount School York
3. Katie Livings and Isobel Sygrove, The Mount School York
Commended: Anna Armitage Notre Dame Sixth Form College Leeds
1. Hollie Wright, The Farnley Academy
2. Elizabeth Sykes, Wakefield Girls
3. Joshua Reed, The Farnley Academy
Commended: Rhianna Fawcett, Farnley Academy and Madeleine Verity, Farnley Academy
1. Opefoluwa Sarah Adegbite, Woldingham School
2. Alyssa Benn, Appleton Academy
3. Jack Pickard-Lupton, Appleton Academy
Commended: Henna Ravjibhai, Appleton Academy
1. Annabella Fuller, Gateways
2. Molly Innes, Brookbank
3. Iiana Pearce, Grammar School at Leeds
Commended: Hannah Hogdson, Queen Elizabeth School
Congratulations to all the prize winners and well done to everyone that sent in an entry, the judges had a difficult time choosing the best! The winners were invited to read their work at the Cool Voices Club Night during the Festival.
The Young People’s competitions will open for entries in spring 2017.