“The volunteers were all extremly helpful. I am disabled and they organised seats for me. The box offices staff were also very helpful. Excellent all round”
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need any further information about access to specific events, or if you have any specific needs.
Large print or on tape copies of the programme are available.
As many events as we can afford are sign language interpreted each year.
If you are a BSL user and have favourite authors you would like to see interpreted, email us and let us know.
We do our best to consult with all our BSL users once the programme is booked, to identify which events people would most like to have signed. If you would like to be involved please contact us.
Do let us know in advance if you are coming to a signed event and need a seat reserved close to the BSL interpreter.
Guide Dogs and Hearing Dogs
Guide dogs, hearing dogs and working dogs in training are welcome at all events.
Access to Main Event Venues
Ilkley Playhouse, Weston Road
- Car parking space at rear of building
- Lift to box office area, wheelchair lift to Wildman Studio
- Lift to upstairs auditorium (The Wharfeside)
- Accessible toilet in corridor to Wildman Studio
- Accessible dressing rooms
- Induction loop.
Kings Hall, Station Road
- Parking on street or drop off
- Ramped access
- Accessible toilets
- Tea bar on same level as Events
- Built in infra red induction system with head phones available at the venue. Please ask at the Box Office on the night so that Kings Hall staff can give you the appropriate headset or let us know in advance if you prefer.
Craiglands Hotel, Cowpasture Road
- Can drop off outside entrance
- Ramped entrance
- Venues have level access from entrance
- Disabled toilet on same level close to our venues
- No induction loop – we can provide a portable induction loop but need prior notice.
All Saints C of E Primary School, Easby Drive
- Level access from car park
- Accessible toilets
- Most rooms we use are on ground floor level and there is a lift to upstairs rooms.
St Margaret’s Church Hall, Queens Road
- Newly built fully accessible hall (via lift)
- Accessible toilet
- Roadside parking outside
Church Rooms, Ilkley Parish Church, Church Street
- Parking – near to church off Far Brook Street
- Paved access round past the front of the church to Church House
- Ramped access into Church House and into the event space
- Please note this venue is still fund raising for an accessible toilet and so for all our event s we have access to an accessible toilet in another building in the Manor House complex. Directions:– out of the front gate of the Church, turn right down the street for 20 yards and then turn right under the ‘arch’ into the Manor House courtyard (large stone cobbles).
- The toilet is situated in the Education Room at ‘Number4’ on the left hand side facing the Manor House. Stewards will be glad to direct you. Please note that while the toilet is fully accessible, the Manor House Education Room the original nineteenth century cottage style doorway is not wide enough for some of the large powered wheelchairs. If your chair is one of these please do contact us.
Manor House Education Room
- Parking outside and drop off at the door
- Note: Courtyard is old fashioned large cobbles. The Education Room is at ‘Number 4’ on the left hand side facing the Manor House.
- En suite accessible toilet at the rear of the Education Room
- Please note this is an old cottage style building and we are concerned that the doorway may not be wide enough for some large wheelchairs. Please enquire if you use a very wide chair.
Otley Courthouse, Courthouse Street, Otley
- Newly refurbished, fully accessible building with automatic doors, induction loop in main hall, lift to first floor and accessible toilets on both floors.
- Café is also accessible.
- Parking in car park next door or across street. Drop off on Courtyard possible.
Venues which do not have full access or have restricted access
The Manor House Museum is an old 17th century Manor House, owned by Bradford Council. Due to the age and historic nature of the building it is not fully accessible. It has stairs to the upper floor. There is an accessible toilet across the Museum courtyard but the doorway into that building is not wide enough for large powered wheelchairs. Parking outside and drop off at the door.
Note: Courtyard is old fashioned large cobbles.
Ilkley Moor Vaults has an accessible toilet downstairs and the downstairs bars are accessible. The upstairs restaurant and function room where our events are held is reached by a staircase. If you have access needs and are coming to an event at Ilkley Moor Vaults please let us know so that we can arrange for the event to incorporate both the upstairs and downstairs areas and make sure your needs are met.