We’ll be posting links to previous Writing Challenges here so you catch up on ones you may have missed, along with a link to see submissions.
- Week 1: Write a short story that includes 5 objects in your home beginning with the letter B. Click here to see previous submissions.
- Week 2: Write a poem inspired by the theme A Quiet Spring. Click here and here to see previous submissions.
- Week 3: Write a 10-line play inspired by the theme The Hunt. Click here and here to see previous submissions.
- Week 4: Describe a memory in no more than 100 words using the senses of smell, sound, touch and taste only. You may not use the sense of sight. Click here to see previous submissions.
- Week 5: Write a funny poem about something that makes you laugh during lockdown. Click here and here to see previous submissions.
- Week 6: Write a dramatic monologue with the title ‘The Street Party’.
- Week 7: Write a haiku about family.
- Week 8: Write a sentence that summarises your favourite book, but don’t reveal the title!
If you want to share your stories with us, use the hashtag #ILFWritingChallenge on social media, or use the online form here.