Autumn 2021 Micro-Commissions
Application Info for Writers and Artists
Ilkley Literature Festival is the longest-running literature festival in the North of England. Our 2021 Autumn programme will be a hybrid of digital and live ‘in person’ events, with the majority of activities taking place during our main festival period, 1-17 October.
For our micro commissions, we asked for applications from writers (or collaborations between writers and artists working in other artforms) for small scale digital projects responding to one of this year’s programme themes.
Our micro-commissions aim to:
- showcase new work by emerging/ mid-career writers based in the North of England (Yorkshire, North East and North West). We particularly want to hear from writers from backgrounds currently under-represented in literature and publishing;
- encourage writers to collaborate across artforms with other artists – dancers, musicians, film makers, visual artists, actors, etc. – to create new work;
- reach new audiences and increase access to new writing for people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
You can view recent examples of some multi-artform micro-commissions from our Spring 2021 programme exploring the theme of ‘the natural world’ here.
There are 6 micro-commissions of £250 each available. Successful applicants will present an imaginative proposal to create an original work that:
- can be accessed by audiences digitally in its finished format;
- responds to our 2021 programme theme of ‘Unreliable Narratives’.
|Deadline for applicants||12pm, Fri 4 June 2021|
|Successful applicants informed by||Wed 16 June 2021|
|Deadline for submission of finished work||Fri 27 August 2021|
How to Apply
Applications for our 2021 micro commissions have now closed.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org