Join Ilkley Literature Festival
We’re recruiting for new Trustees
Ilkley Literature Festival (ILF) has a strong reputation for creating innovative connections between writers and readers, of attracting the very best of UK and international writing talent, a significant track record of commissioning new work and a commitment to providing opportunities for writers from under-represented communities.
Our ambition for the next five years is to evolve ILF into a fully-formed year-round literature development organisation providing diverse and inclusive cultural experiences and creative activities that open minds, inspire curiosity, increase empathy and improve communication.
To support this evolution, we are seeking to appoint a number of new Trustees to increase the breadth, depth and variety of points of view, life experiences, skills and abilities among our Board membership.
Interested in becoming a trustee?
Our Trustees are all volunteers who donate their time to provide leadership in setting ILF’s strategic goals to enable the fulfilment of our artistic and charitable purposes, and ensuring our organisation is responsibility and effectively managed in compliance with all legal requirements.
If you share our passion for books, reading and writing and providing opportunities for people to engage with their own creativity and enjoy the creativity of other people, we’d like to hear from you.
We are particularly interested in hearing from…
- People who live or work in other Bradford District areas, particularly Keighley, and areas of the Craven District, particularly South Craven.
- People from groups and backgrounds currently underrepresented on the Boards of cultural organisations, including:
– people who are Black, Asian or another ethnic minority
– people under 35 years of age
– people with a disability or disabilities
– people who identify as LGBT+
– people of a working-class background
– people with education/training backgrounds which don’t include a university/higher education degree.
- People with experience in the following areas:
– working with young people aged between 3-18 years
– human resources and people management
– fundraising for charities
– commerce and business development
– communications, marketing and publicity
– digital media and technology.
For more information and details on how to apply, download the Trustee Recruitment Pack
Deadline: Friday 30 October 2020
During the Festival and in the run-up to October each year, the festival staff are helped by a small army of volunteers without whom the festival wouldn’t be possible.